By registering with Sangat Matrimonial (from here on known as ‘SM’), I confirm that have read and unconditionally fully agree to the Terms and Conditions of SM contained within this document. I confirm that shall abide by the rules of SM and acknowledge that the terms and conditions of this Agreement apply for as long as you use the Site or Services.I confirm that I am truly ready and willing to enter the Matrimonial process and there has been no third party / forced marriage pressure for me to enter marriage.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
Please note that Sangat Trust and Sangat Matrimonial does not believe, practise or support the Indian ‘caste’ / 'class’ system however to assist members in identifying other members of similar family backgrounds/links we have included options for baradri/family background. Any selections, searches, comments or instructions made by applicants are purely ‘personal’. The comments / views / preferences of the applicant(s) do not support / reflect the views of Sangat Matrimonial or Sangat Trust.
This Agreement is subject to change by SM and this may occur at any time, with or without notice. By requesting to use, registering to use, or using the Sangat Matrimonial site, you represent, confirm, warrant and agree to abide by the below mentioned Terms and Conditions:
1. Eligibility Criteria
- 1.1) Religion – You are a Sikh and believe in Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji as your Guru and the eternal Guru of the Sikhs.
- 1.2) Minimum Age – You are at least 18 years old.
- 1.3) Marital Status – You are not married. If you are separated, but not yet legally divorced, you may NOT request to use, register to use, or use the site.
- 1.4) Identification – You shall provide a scan or copy of your passport / driver‘s license to Sangat Matrimonial to confirm your identity.
- 1.5) Honesty – You shall ensure that all information provided to users and Sangat Matrimonial service is 100% accurate and honest.
2. Use of the Sangat Matrimonial Site and Service
- 2.1) Personal Use ONLY – Your account is for your personal use only. You may NOT authorize others to use your account. You shall keep your username and password confidential. You acknowledge that Sangat Matrimonial is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from the sharing of your user names and passwords.
- 2.2) Accuracy of Information – You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding all of your actions / information / content provided to the SM service.
- 2.3) Risk Assumption and Precautions – SM is unable to guarantee the accuracy of information provided to you by or about other Users.
- 2.4) No Guarantee – SM may not be able to provide suitable matches for you. SM makes no guarantees or warranties, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with other SM members.
- 2.5) Reporting of Violations – You will promptly report to SM via the feedback form on the SM website ANY violation of the Agreement / suspicious activity.
- 2.6) Content Removal – SM reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. SM will have the right to remove any such information or material that violates, or may violate, any applicable law.
- 2.7) No False Information – You warrant that you will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information at any stage. If the SM team locates any incorrect / misleading information of any nature whatsoever, we reserve the right to close your account with immediate effect with no refund of your donation / registration fee.
- 2.8) No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation – You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users.
- 2.9) Unique and Bona Fide Profile – As a Registered User of SM, you will create only one unique profile and are a bona fide relationship-seeking person.
- 2.10) Posting and Communication Restrictions – You will not post on the site, transmit to other users, communicate any content or engage in any activity that:
- a) Promotes or enables illegal activities such as, violate someone’s privacy, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users.
- b) Is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- c) Contains other’s copyrighted content or images etc.
- d) Discloses anyone’s personal information to any third parties.
3. Proprietary Rights
- 3.1) No Use of Confidential Information – You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public or reproduce in any way any Confidential Information of any users.
- 3.2) Licence to use Posted Content – By posting information or content to any pages of SM you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant SM and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content.
- 3.3) Disclosure – You acknowledge and agree that Sangat Matrimonial may disclose information you provide if required or permitted to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend SM or a third party’s rights; or (3) protect someone’s life, health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
- 3.4) Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims – Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, SM reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, SM suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form whatsoever. SM in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure with the appropriate authorities as we deem necessary. You hereby acknowledge and agree that SM is permitted to make such disclosure.
- 3.5) Criminal History – Sangat Matrimonial does not conduct criminal background screening on its members. You are solely responsible for taking appropriate safety precautions in connection with your use of the Site or Services.
4. Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors
- The SM service may contain links to web sites of third-parties and advertisers, which are not under the control of SM, SM is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
5. Limitation of Liability
- 5.1) Incidental Damages – SM is NOT liable for any loss of profits or for any incidental, special, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or relating, directly or indirectly, to the use or inability of the service.
- 5.2) Information Verification – Sangat Matrimonial and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. SM is NOT liable for errors arising from any incorrectly verified information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SM, its volunteers, officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any claims, action, debts, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) relating to or arising, directly or indirectly from the SM service.
To resolve a complaint, users should send the management a complaint via using the message form on the contact page of the SM website.
8. Communications and Privacy
SM may use your personal contact details to send you messages notifying you of information / changes changes that we deem important. You agree that we may also contact you by telephone if we deem this necessary.
9. Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective immediately upon your joining / registering to use the SM service. This will remain in force and effect until you / we terminate your membership.
10. Cancellations of Your Account
- 10.1) Cancellation – You may cancel your registration or subscription to the SM service at any time without and refund. This will need to be done by you using the online system.
- 10.2) 7 Day Cancellation – You may cancel your SM membership within 7 days after the confirmation of your subscription by contacting / via telephone a member of our staff on +44 (0)121 456 3436 or contacting us through the contact page of the SM website. SM shall provide you a full refund upon your request if you have not initiated contact with another member.
11. Equality Statement
- 11.1) SM recognises that discrimination and victimisation is unacceptable. It is the aim of SM to ensure that no members receive less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) in membership / treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender, marriage, race, religion or belief.
- 11.2) The purpose of this statement is to provide equality and fairness for all in our members.
- 11.3) SM is committed to promote equality and fairness in all of its activities.
12. General Provisions
- 12.1) Law and Jurisdiction - You agree that English law (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles) will govern this Agreement, the Site and the Services and that any disputes arising out of or relating to the SM service will be subject to English Law courts.
- 12.2) Injunctions – You acknowledge and agree that any violation of this Agreement may cause SM irreparable harm, and therefore agree that Sangat Matrimonial will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary / permanent injunctions.
- 12.3) Rights of Third Parties. This Agreement does not create any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which are enforceable by any person who is not a party to this Agreement.
- 12.4) Miscellaneous – You accept / shall make any applicable payments that may be required to make use of the SM service and any terms within the agreement between you and Sangat Matrimonial regarding the use of this Site and the Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement).
- 12.5) Photographs – All users must provide a recent quality photograph to be used as a profile picture to become an active member of the service. A recent photograph must be displayed for the benefit of other members at all times. SM reserves the right to suspend / delete your account for non compliance with this policy. It should be noted that the uploading of the picture is the sole responsibility of the user.